Mari I. Beukes (Stanton)
Clinical Psychologist/Kliniese Sielkundige
B.A. (UP); B.A. HONS (Psych) (UNISA)M.A. (Clin.Psych)(UNISA)
Practice no: 0311359
Bryanston, Sandton, Fourways
Learn how to live an effective and optimal life as an individual and in relation to others
Psychotherapy and effective life skills consulting for individuals, couples & groups.
- Psychotherapy and personal consultations that function as a safe place for: Exploring and healing a broad spectrum of emotional feelings, discomforts and related symptoms. Acquiring effective interpersonal/life skills towards achieving and experiencing your optimal life. Acquiring skills to adjust to significant life changes.
- A one day (4-6 hours) Course for corporates in Basic principles of effective communication: A Context-Person-Relational approach. At the Pivot Conference venue, Monte Casino, Fourways. For information and bookings please contact me personally.
Orientation and Approach:
I work from an integrated theoretical perspective with a strong focus on a Systemic-, a Humanistic- and a Communications/ Interpersonal approach to understanding and facilitating emotional well-being.
I look at human phenomena from a Context-Person-Relational approach:
1. Context gives meaning to behaviour.
2. As individual persons we may have unique subjective experiences/perspectives (needs, feelings and viewpoints).
3. How we relate from our unique individual perspectives to others and our shared environment in turn links with our subjective experiences (Vorster, 2011)
"I relate, therefore I am. Thus, how I impact on you and how you impact on me determines the nature and quality of our being" – Charl Vorster